Full Form of INDIA : India is not an abbreviation. Rather, the name India was derived from the fact that the country is based alongside INDUS river.
Description : The term “INDIA” is not an abbreviate but the name of an Asian country. It is derived from a Greek word ‘Indus’ which is the name of a river and used to be a home to the Indus Valley Civilisation. At present India is the seventh largest country by area and second most heavily populated country in the world.
- The current Prime Minister of India is, at present, Narendra Modi.
- The national capital of the country is New Delhi.
- The commercial capital of the country is Mumbai.
- The national anthem of the country is “Jana Gana Mana”.
- The national currency of India is the Indian Rupee.
- It has 29 states and 7 union territories.
- The neighbouring countries are Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- The mother tongue of India is Hindi.
India is a secular country with diverse religions such as Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Sikhism where people have the freedom to follow any religion they like. It is a multi-lingual country which is rich in culture, heritage and languages where people belonging to different states speak different native languages. India has got some of the most beautiful and famous monuments such as the Taj Mahal which was earlier counted amongst the ‘Wonders of the World’, Mahabodhi Temple, Hawa Mahal, Bhool Bhullaiya and many more. It is a home to a huge number of rivers and temples that hold enormously high religious importance.